Pioneers strives to produce safe home furnishings so they can be enjoyed without worry. We are also obsessed about safety in the workplace. If new standards of safety are developed, we are quick to adopt the new standards for the sake of our customers and employees. There is no compromise.
Safety Guidelines for the Use of Furniture
Pioneers knows that the home can be your kid’s playground. Unsecured TVs and furniture have the potential to be hidden hazards in a family's home and sadly, children have died from furniture tipover. To reduce the risk of furniture tipover, here are some simple tips and tricks to ensure that your furniture and tech plays well with others:
- Purchase furniture that complies to the latest national and international standards of furniture safety, which include tipping standards ASTM F3096-14 and F2057-19. ASTM International F2057 is the voluntary standard for stability of bedroom furniture and ASTM International F3096 is a voluntary performance standard for furniture tip restraints. Compliance standard labels can be found attached to furniture pieces that follow these standards.
- Always install tipover restraints included with your product.
- Remove items that might tempt kids to climb, such as toys or remote controls, from the top of furniture.
- Store heavier items on lower shelves or in lower drawers.
- Don't allow children to stand, climb or hang on drawers, doors or shelves.
Pioneers product also complies with all of the latest national standards of furniture safety at the date of production. Currently these include:
- ASTM F3096-14 and F2057-19 tipping standards. These regulations are intended to reduce injuries and deaths of children from hazards associated with tip-over of free-standing clothing storage units.
- Harper’s Law - this requires that retailers in the state of New York who sell certain new furniture offer for sale compatible tip restraint devices and post a notice informing consumers of the risk of furniture tipping. Pioneers Furniture includes these for free on that product, and includes instilation instructions on the physical product.